Youth retreats made easy!
Spend some time in SoCe! Bring your youth group for a 1-5 days of spiritual formation, hands on service, and curriculum for applying your learning at home. In SoCe your group will discern what it means to be a spiritual leader in a real context. They will practicing being a good neighbor and as a group create a plan for what to do when they return home.
All the Details
When: Youth Trips can be scheduled around your calendar. A good time frame might be Friday evening through Sunday noon.
Who: Minimum of 6 students and at least 1 sponsor for every 5 youth. Students must be through their first year of middle school.
Where: Students will stay at the SoCe Bunkhouse just south of downtown Wichita. Groups larger than 8 will be accommodated at local churches.
Cost: Trips that are one weekend (Friday evening-Sunday noon) cost $150/person. Included in the cost is lodging, meals, teaching, and curriculum.
What: The Youth Trips will look similar to the Undergrad Immersions only tailored for a high school student. We will also offer strategies for connecting the learning when the students re-enter their own context.
A typical day might look like this:
- 7:30 a.m. morning prayer and communion
- 8:00 a.m. breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. work in the neighborhood connecting with neighbors and doing service
- 11:30 a.m. lunch
- 12:30 p.m. siesta, spiritual direction and free-time
- 2:30 p.m. interactive teaching on spiritual formation and the missional imagination
- 5:30 p.m. prep for dinner
- 6:00 p.m. dinner. After dinner hangout--music, board games, chill
- 8:00 p.m. spiritual practice: praying with scripture
- 9:00 p.m. reflections on the day
Reserve a Week
To reserve a week give us a call at 316-218-1020.